Wears Auctioneering Team
MEET OUR HARD WORKING TEAM!
Brent Wears CAI, AARE, CES, ATS
Founder, President, Principal Auctioneer
Brent Wears is the founder, owner and principal auctioneer for Wears Auctioneering INC. Brent’s interest in the trade started in High School. He explored various auction schools with the help of his guidance counselor and chose to attend Reisch Worldwide College of Auctioneering in Mason City Iowa in 1979. Brent credits his extensive background in high school drama and vocal music as helping to enhance his skills as an auctioneer. Following auction school he began selling at weekly auctions in his hometown, Solon, Iowa. He continued to hone his skills by assisting other auctioneers until 1985 when he founded Wears Auctioneering. Under Brent’s leadership, Wears Auctioneering has become the leader in innovative auction services in eastern Iowa. Brent has served as Iowa Auctioneers Association Vice President, President, Board member and Chairman of the Board and was inducted into the Auctioneers Association Hall of Fame in 1998. Brent was selected as Chairman of the National Auctioneers Association (NAA) election committee, served as the Iowa Ambassador to the NAA, served as an NAA Mentor as well as being elected to the Wyoming Auctioneers Association Board of Directors. Brent was the first Iowa Auctioneer to have earned three certifications from the NAA. These certifications include Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate (AARE), Certified Estate Specialist (CES) and Certified Auctioneer of Real Estate (CAI) – he also holds the Auction Technology Specialist (ATS) designation. Brent is committed to providing his customers and buyers with innovative full service auctions with integrity and personalized, caring service. He was the 2001 Iowa State Champion Auctioneer and the 2018 Wyoming State Champion Auctioneer.
- Life Member: National Auctioneers Association
- Member: Iowa, Wyoming, Colorado Auctioneers Association
- Member: Iowa Association of Realtors
- Licensed Iowa Real Estate Broker
- Elected and served 3 year term on the Iowa Auctioneers Association Board of Directors 1989
- Elected and served as Vice-President the Iowa Auctioneers Association
- Elected and served as President Elect of the Iowa Auctioneers Association
- Elected and served as President of the Iowa Auctioneers Association
- Served as Chairman of the Board for the Iowa Auctioneers Association
- Earned Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI) Designation (3 year course of Study at Indiana University)
- Earned Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate (AARE) Designation
- Earned the Certified Estate Specialist (CES) Designation
- Earned Auction Technology Specialist (ATS) Designation
- Inducted in to the Iowa Auctioneers Association Hall of Fame 1998
- Iowa Bid Calling Champion 2001
- Wyoming Bid Calling Champion 2018
- Election Chairman for National Auctioneers Association 2010, 2011, 2012
- Elected as Wyoming Auctioneers Board of Directors in 2011/2012, 2018/2019
- Served as Iowa Ambassador for the NAA Membership Committee
- Served as a National Auctioneers Association Mentor
- Winner of Multiple State and National Advertising Contest Awards (Wears Auctioneering)
- Founding member of Solon Dollars for Scholars
- Served multiple terms on Johnson Country Fair Board
- Only Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area Auctioneer practicing solely in the auction field.
- Youngest person to hold office of President in 50-year history of IAA
Auctioneer and Technology Specialist
Brian has worked for Wears Auctioneering since the age of 9. He started out as a ticket runner when the company used paper clerking. Since that time, he has worked to build his skills in the family auction business to be able to work in all of the positions needed on auction day. He tackled the last remaining role and became an auctioneer after attending World Wide College of Auctioneering in 2007.
Brian has worked with technology in and out of the auction business and played a key role in bringing wireless clerking, computerized cashiering and online auction services into the company's portfolio.
Brian enjoys the auction business and selling antiques, household and real estate as well as helping organizations realize their goals through benefit auctions. Helping to bring buyers and sellers together and get the best price for both gives him a sense of accomplishment. He feels that every auction brings new faces and products that have a rich history and stories which make every auction day an education in itself.
Brian is a member of the Iowa Auctioneers Association and a multi-time Iowa Bid Calling Contest finalist. He served as a board member for the Iowa Auctioneers Association and works regularly in the area helping local organizations with fundraising events.
Emily Kroul (Wears) CAI, ATS, BAS
Online Auction Specialist, Auctioneer
Owner/Founder Wears Auctioneering West Inc.
Emily Kroul (Wears) - is a second-generation auctioneer, daughter of owner Brent Wears. She began her career as a child working as a clerk, cashier, and bid assistant at Wears Auctioneering. In 2007, at the age of 17, Emily followed in the footsteps of her father by attending the World Wide College of Auctioneering to learn the bid call. She continued working regularly for Wears Auctioneering as an auctioneer and joined the Iowa and National Auctioneers Associations.
In 2008, she was named first runner up in the International Junior Auctioneer’s Contest in Nashville, Tennessee. In August 2009 Emily became the youngest person, and only the second woman ever, to win the Iowa Auctioneers Contest. In 2009 Emily moved to Wyoming to pursue her undergraduate degree at the University of Wyoming and earned her bachelors in Business Management in 2013. She joined the Wyoming and Colorado Auctioneers Associations and was awarded the People’s Choice Award at the 2010 Wyoming Auctioneers Association annual convention. In January 2012, Emily was honored to be the first woman and first out-of-state member to win the Colorado Auctioneers Contest. In 2014 Emily was named the Wyoming State Champion Auctioneer. The most prestigious of all, in 2018, Emily became the International Auctioneer Champion.
Emily has earned the designation “BAS” (Benefit Auctioneer Specialist) from the National Auctioneers Association as well as “ATS” (Auction Technology Specialist) and “CAI” (Certified Auctioneers Institute). Emily provides valuable services to Wears Auctioneering as a western states representative as she continues to ply her trade at benefit and general auctions in Colorado and Wyoming.
In 2012 Emily was featured on a new reality show Money Barn which aired on Animal Planet later that year. In 2016, she was recruited to appear on American Idol and was featured on an early episode where her auction skills were highlighted. Then again, she was approached by A&E to appear as an auctioneer on the hit reality show Storage Wars. She has since been a primary auctioneer on the show for 4 seasons.
Now residing in Idaho, Emily continues to work closely with the family business, helping to run online auctions and participate in large events. She travels the country helping with fundraising events and acting as a contract auctioneer.
Additional Team Members
Amanda Welch - Administrative Office Manager
Kim Morning - Online Auction Team
Donna Wears - Live Auction Team
Sarah Shriver - Live Auction Team
Gary Viter- Live Auction Team
Colton Wears - Live Auction Team
Thea Bedell - Live Auction Team
Stan Barta - Live Auction Team
Clint Shriver - Live Auction Team
Don Jackson - Live Auction Team